Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving!





We had a wonderful trip to Boise to see my family. Gretta LOVES going to Boise. I had been telling her all week that on Wednesday we would go to Boise. The first things she said when she woke up Wednesday morning was, "Airplane, Nana & Papa". She was a little sad to find out that she had to wait until after her nap to go to the airport, but she enjoyed helping pack the suit case.
We went Christmas tree hunting in the forest on Saturday. It is a long standing family tradition. This year there wasn't much snow. In fact I think it is the least amount I ever remember. It made the hunt a little easier, but not quite as much fun. Gretta loved the snow and trying to make snowmen. It was nice to be out in the cold an have it feel a little like Thanksgiving and Christmas. The weather in LA is nice, but I miss the seasons.
We sure had a great time.

5 comments:

Alicia L. said...

So glad you got to spend Thanksgiving in Boise. My kids are the same. They get so excited when we fly to Boise. Will you be there at all over Christmas?

Jenny said...

Hey Gretchen--Great pictures. Long time no see! I found your blog through the Kessie's. You have a beautiful family! Come check my blog someday. It's great to check in on what you're up to.

Ruth said...

Hey Gretchen,
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your comment on my blog...We were in Boise (Meridian to be exact) and it was my first time. It's a very nice area. I was surprised that a lot of Idaho is just so empty.
Thanks for the suggestion of reading "Healthy Sleep..." We'd gotten so many recommendations to read it and I was still reading it when we were having our sleep troubles. Now that I KNOW how important sleep is for Baby, it's frustrating when she doesn't cooperate. She's been doing A LOT better now.
How fun that you got to enjoy SNOW!

elizabeth cullimore said...

That snow looks so fun! I don't miss living in it but it is so great to visit! You guys look really cute!

The Lind's said...

Cute pictures! Greta is getting so big! I agree that snow feels more like Christmas. but I enjoy wearing my flip flops too much! :) I miss seeing you guys!