Sunday, June 3, 2012

Gretta's First Testimony

Today was a proud day for Gretchen and me. Out of nowhere, Gretta told us she wanted to go up and bear her testimony after hearing one of her primary friends bear their testimony. So after a break in the speakers, Gretta and I went up to the podium and waited on the bench for our turn to speak. Gretta went first. She walked right up to the podium. She began saying, "I'd like to bear my testimony, I know the church is true, I know that Joseph was a prophet and translated the Book of Mormon, I know that Heavenly Father loves us and I know that families can be together forever". What a perfectly succinct and correct testimony! It was a very proud day for Gretchen and me. We are grateful that our efforts to teach our children the gospel are bearing fruit in a most precious way. We love you Gretta!! Love, Dad

I was so proud of Gretta today too. About 2 weeks ago we were having a conversation in the car about the Church. I asked her if she knew the Church was true and she said, "No. How would I know that?" So we talked about how you get a testimony by praying and asking Heavenly Father if the Church is true, and by the power of the Holy Ghost she would get her answer. We have  been encouraging her to say her own personal prayers too.
After she was done bearing her testimony I asked her if she had prayed about the Church and she told me," yes". She also told me she felt good when she was bearing her testimony and we discussed that is the Holy Ghost giving her answer.
I am so proud of Gretta for sharing her testimony today.
Love, Mom


Comment from Nana Carolyn:
Gretchen and Eric,
What a marvelous day for Gretta and for you as parents.  Gretchen, as a child you were blessed to have the gift to love our Heavenly Father and have always had a strong testimony.   I am sure Gretta has felt of your strong spirit.  Eric, you are a marvelous Dad.  Some of my fondest memories of you with your family are when we have FHE and read scriptures and sing together--we love you very much.
Nana


0 comments: