Monday, September 17, 2007

Sample Sale

I forgot that not everyone reading my blog would know what the Sample sale is. Well it is one of the best kept secreats of LA.


The deal is that on the last Friday of the Month some of the shops in LA's Fashion district open their doors to the public and sell off their samples. The two that I have been to are the California Mart and the New Mart on 9th and Los Angles.
These stores are the places buyers go to pick out the next seasons goods for stores like Nordstroms, Bloomies and boutique children's stores. They also sell women and men's stuff, but I like the kids department the best because Gretta always looks cute in what ever you buy her and the sizes are pretty true to life. In the women's section sometimes you have to dig through boxes and them most of the sizes are sample sizes 4 & 6 which I can't wear anyway.

Check out the link and if you are ever in town during the last Friday of the Month I would love to go with you to finds some good deals.
http://lafashion.veplan.net/show.aspx?mi=2428

3 comments:

The Lind's said...

Gretchin,
I am dying to go to the sample sale. Call me, I want to go with you! You always find the good stuff. Cute blog. I added you to our links. Hope that's okay. Oh and Malinda is coming for the weekend. Will you be around?
Becca

Kerri said...

We need to have a sample sale mommy swap. One month, a few of us watch all the kids and the next month we switch. I think that is the only way I am going to make it there on a Friday (without kids). I am dying to go, though!

Sarah said...

I'm ashamed to admit I've never been to one of the sample sales. Just getting the kids in the car is enough to make me want to curl up in a ball these days.