Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Big News!!!

It's official! Eric signed his offer letter with Whirlpool Corp today. Yeah!!! Way to go Eric! 
After weighing the options it seemed like the best decision for his career and our family. So our new address will be St. Joesph, Michigan come this June. Never thought I would live in Michigan in my entire life! 
Coming back to MBA school has been an adventure. The ride has had some ups and downs, but we still feel like it was 100% the right decision. Heavenly Father has blessed us every step of this journey.We feel so grateful to have a great job locked up so early during this school year especially during this tough economy.
Way to go Eric! You're the best!

Here is what Eric had to say....
To all of my friends at Whirlpool,

I wanted to let you all know that today I signed my full-time offer letter with Whirlpool Corporation. My family and I are incredibly excited at the opportunity to return to Southwest Michigan and see all of you again! My conversations and interactions with each of you this past summer as well as recently played an incredible role in my ultimate decision to return to Whirlpool.

In fact, a quote from a man I admire greatly, Warren Buffett, sums up some of the reasons why I have decided to rejoin the Whirlpool team:
 
"When I am dealing with people I like in businesses I find stimulating and achieving worthwhile overall returns on capital employed, it seems foolish to rush from situation to situation to earn a few more percentage points.  It also does not seem sensible to me to trade known pleasant personal relationships with high-grade people, at a decent rate of return, for possible irritation, aggravation, or worse at potentially higher returns." (The Snowball, Biography of Warren Buffett, p. 315)

With the people that Whirlpool has and the domestic and international opportunities still to be realized, rejoining Whirlpool was an opportunity I simply couldn't pass up.

I look forward to working with and seeing you again soon!

Best wishes on a successful 4Q10!
Eric Fors

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Way to go! We will miss you tons though!