Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Carli's hearing aids

Eliza, Carli and I went and picked out Carli's hearing aids today. When I announced at dinner a few days ago that Carli was going to get hearing aids everyone cheered! I wasn't quite expecting that response  Then Gretta & Eliza started to fight over who got to pick out the color of her molds and hearing aids. Eliza said she did because Gretta got to pick out hers so now it was her turn. I tried to explain that maybe I should pick them out because I was the mom and they didn't like that answer. We compromised today and I picked out clear hearing aids and Eliza picked out pink/purple molds because they are both Gretta & Eliza's favorite colors. Carli will get new molds every 6 months to a year, so I figured it wasn't nearly as big of a commitment as her hearing aids. Plus if she is going to wear them she might as well make a fashion statement. I got clear hearing aids because the only other "girly" color is light pink and that is what Gretta has, and  I wanted to make sure I could tell them apart quickly. They did have brown ones with giraffe print, but I didn't want to impose my likes on her since she is going to have the same pair for 5 years. Carli did a great job letting Breena do the molds in her ears for the ear molds. I wish I had gotten a picture. It is going to take at least 4 weeks for the molds to come back and even longer for the real hearing aids. She might get loaner ones as soon as the molds come back. Our next step it to figure out how to keep them in her ears:)

0 comments: