Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Shang-gri-la found in Florida - Outdoor Wake Boarding Park

While we were in Florida, Jack and I found an outdoor wake boarding park. They had cable running all around this body of water that was about the size of 3 football fields or so. And basically you had your tow rope that would hook onto this cable and off you went. So your "pull" was as long as your arms could physically hold on to the rope, because you could go forever if you so chose. 

It was awesome going around and around. At one point though, I was almost decapitated by my father-in-law as he almost ran me over after I wiped out. Luckily, I sustained no injuries and Jack and I were able to tell a great story afterwards. 

At the end of our one hour session, my arms were sore and shaking. I knew I would be feeling it the next day! So I decided to go off my first jump. I round the corner and caught what I thought was some "big air". I didn't land the jump, but, at least it gave me the courage to "Go Big or Go Home" at the outdoor wake boarding park the next time we are in Orlando. 





0 comments: