Friday, July 24, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Gretta loves to "swim" in the pool. I bought her a suit with floaties built in 2 years ago. She loves her floaty swim suit. It enables her to "swim" independently all over the pool. The suit is now thread bare, so I decided that this summer was the summer to learn how to swim. After some recommendations I found Karalynne Call. She lives in AZ, but comes ever summer to teach swimming lessons at her mom's house in La Cresenta. She is a cousin of one of my old roommates at BYU. Her Swimming Success was highly recommended to me. Karalynne also guarenteed that after 8, 25 minutes one-on-one session Gretta would be able to swim accross the pool, dive off the diving board, and be water safe. This was a pretty big guarentee, so I figure her high prices were worth it.
Gretta started her session on July 15th. The first two days she cried and screamed the whole 25 mintues. I had to threaten her to go. It was pretty ugly and I was wondering if this was going to be worth it. She told the neighboor when we were getting in the car, "I am going to swim lessons because my mom paid a lot of money for them." That is what I had been telling her when she would tell me she didn't want to go.
On Monday July 20th all of a sudden she decided she could swim. She did great. Here are some pictures from her swim lessons. After her lessons she can swimming accross the pool by herself, she dove the pool head first, went off the diving board, down the slide and knows what to do if she falls in the pool. I would call it a huge success. Our problem is now going to be getting out of the pool.

July 22nd


July 24, 2009 The Last day of swimming lessons

practicing her floating
Going off the slide.
We now officially have a swimmer!!!

0 comments: