Friday, April 16, 2010

Oprah

Click here to view these pictures larger

Anna was lucky enough to get 4 tickets to Oprah and she was kind enough to share one with me. Yeah! Anna once told my mom she was raised by our dog, Daisy, and Oprah because Anna and I would watch Oprah every afternoon after school when we were in Jr High and High School. So it was so fun to be able to finally see her in person.

My mom and I flew to Chicago on Wednesday afternoon, and Anna and her friend Lindsey drove to Chicago. We all met up at the hotel just in time to go to dinner. I am especially proud of my mom and myself because we figured out how to ride the orange line from the airport into downtown to our hotel. We saved over $35 dollars in cab fare one way. Way to go us! Anna and Lindsey were able to score free valet parking at the hotel which was worth $40. So our luck was good.
We went to eat at a nice Italian restaurant not far from the hotel. The food was excellent. Then we went to be early because we had to be in line for Oprah at 7:00am. They wouldn't tell us the topic of the show even when we were in line. They checked everyone in and then made us wait in a big room. (Part of the check in process is to look through your whole bag and take out all of the paper, camera's and phones, so I don't have any pictures from inside. Which is sad!)
Then once everyone is checked in they call your parties name to seat you. We were about the 5th party called. We got seated in the 4th row on the right side. I was right by the cat walk. We were also looking right at Oprah's chair. Great seats!!!! Yeah. Our luck continued.
The topic of the show was, "The other Wes Moore." It was all about people who have the same name.
After the show she talked with the audience and answered questions. I was struck with how nice gracious of a host she was. She thanked everyone for coming, and getting babysitters and making a big effort.
I stood up and told her about how Gretta and I have the same name and that people at the airport always ask me, "Do you know you have the same name?" Got to love TSA. She asked me why two T's, but I didn't hear her questions. I still could believe I was taking with Oprah!!!
We had a great time. It was something to always remember and will be talked about for years to come.

Sitting in Oprah's chair from the old set.

Sally Lu told us we were all cute!


It was windy in the "Windy City."

Harpo Studio


We are going to live across Lake Michigan this summer.

Which is a long way away from LA more than 1745 miles!

Navy Pier
We rode the Ferris Wheel which was fun! It was a beautiful warm spring day.

What a great girls weekend! Thanks everyone!

0 comments: