Friday, April 8, 2011

Girls Night Out

I told the girls that we could have have "Girls Night Out" when Eric was out of town. It has been a really busy week and I feel like I didn't see them much, so it was so fun to hang out together all day. 
Gretta has started limping this week. Her left foot hurts. The wonderful babysitter, Marissa, took her to see the podiatrist on Tuesday (while I was at work) because I was worried about her limping. He said it had to due with her orthotics inserts moving around in her shoes. He also told Marissa that she needed new tennis shoes. He showed her how they were worn down at the heal and how that was also causing a problem. He fixed the orthotics on Tuesday, but so far she is still limping. I hope it works soon!
Today we finally were able to get her a new pair of shoes. I was about ready to take her to Nordstroms or the Stride Right shoes store to make sure I got her a good pair of tennis shoes. But I already had to talk Eric in to letting me buy her a pair of tennis shoes because she has a really nice pair of Keens that my mom bought her that she doesn't wear that often. So I didn't think he, or the budget, would appreciate a $60 pair of shoes. So we stopped by Norstrom Rack on the way home today and found these Stride Right shoes for $19.00. Yeah! What a great find! Gretta didn't take them off all day after she put them on. Which is pretty impressive because before that she was wearing sandals with socks. So this was a big improvement. Can you believe she wears a size 2!
 Showing off her new shoes
 Then we went to Ikea to look at "Big Kid" bed. Eliza has been begging for a "Big Kid" bed for her birthday. I can't decided what I want to do considering we are moving in less than 2 months. We looked around the store. I could buy a cute bed for her that would use her crib mattress, but also converts into a twin bed, but I am not sure that is what I want to do. They are still going to share a room in Michigan, so I can't decided if I want beds that could be made into bunkbeds. I just don't want Eliza to be disappointed on her birthday if she doesn't get a new bed.
Then we had dinner at Ikea. We also ran into a girl I went to Jerusalem with. That happened last time we ate at Ikea too. It is always a small world in Utah!
On the way out they started playing "Tangled" I had to pry the girls from their chairs to get them out of the store. Then we stopped at 7 Red boxes on the way home to see if we could rent it. We found it in one machine, but even after I had swiped my card and put in my email address it said it wasn't available. We came home and checked online and I think Redbox's site crashed because so many people were looking for Tangled. Once is showed me there were 3 copies in the area, and then it wouldn't let me check out and also shut down. The girls were a little disappointed, but settled for "Strawberry Shortcake." The funny thing is that I actually bought "Tangled" and have it in my closet for Eliza for her birthday, but I don't currently have anything else for her, so I didn't want to run the surprise.
 Playing at Ikea

0 comments: