Sunday, November 11, 2012

Grand Rapids

I took the girls up to Grand Rapids on Friday  for Gretta and Carli  to see the pediatric ENT.  We saw him in his office that is closer to us by about 30 minutes which was good and also down the street from Costco. The girls liked going to Costco for lunch afterwards. 
I wish that the ENT appointment had gone a little better. After looking at Gretta's hearing tests and her ear he asked me, "How far away do you live from University of Michigan?" Not a good question. He told me that he doesn't think he can help Gretta. He recommend that she see the Otologist at University of Michigan. 
At least he was honest with me. I would rather have that then tell me he can do something he can't. I actually can't believe he didn't recommend me to his partner that everyone RAVES about. I guess his specialty is choler ear implants and not remaking ear drums. 
As for Carli the news wasn't much better. The good news is that on Thursday I took her to the hearing center for a quick recheck and they did a tympanogram. It showed good movement in both ears. This is an improvement over her last visit. The ENT also said her right ear doesn't have any fluid behind it and her left ear just has a little bit that seems to be resolving. 
I actually think her trips to the chiropractor, massage, and essential oils have helped move the fluid. 
The bad part is that she still failed her hearing test. 
So now I have to take her for a special hearing test they do while she is asleep under general anesthetic.
The highlight of the day was meeting my friend Lori at Meijer Garden's. It was a beautiful fall day in Michigan! We had to go outside and enjoy the nice weather while it lasts. They were also getting ready for Christmas already and it was fun to see all the trees they have. The girls really liked this one from Africa. 

0 comments: