Sunday, September 1, 2013

Cousin Fun in MN

We drove over to Anna & Gabe's on Thursday. The girls were so excited to see their cousins. We made the drive on Thursday without to much trouble except we accidentally ended up going to Milwaukee. It might have turned out better because the road we should have taken had a lot of road construction on it. The girls were much better travelers than I expected especially since our DVD player is broken. I have an awesome Visiting Teacher who let me borrow her portable DVD player and also make my kids a cute travel bag with treats and games in it. 
The girls were asleep by the time we got to Anna & Gabe's they had to wait until the next day to see the cousins. We celebrated Anna's birthday when we got to her house with a great ice cream chocolate cake. Happy Birthday Anna!
Friday Gabe had to go to work, but the rest of us went to the RAC and hung out. We played in the indoor play area, had lunch there and then went swimming. 
Friday night Eric and Gabe took the kids to Chuck E Cheese while Anna threw a baby shower for a lady in her ward and I went to the baby shower with her. 
Saturday we went to the Irish festival and to the park. Then Saturday afternoon Anna got out the slip n slide and kiddy pool. The kids had such a great time. I am sad I didn't get any better picture because I was afraid my phone would get wet. But it was fun to see Eric slip n slide with the kids. 
Saturday night we had a nice dinner on the deck and then the kids did a talent show for us. 
Sunday we drove home. 
It was a great trip and we are so glad that we were able to go. 
Thanks Anna & Gabe for being such great hosts!!!
Love,
Gretchen




















0 comments: