Saturday, July 19, 2014

Utah- visiting Carrie



While my mom went to lunch with her Jr. High friends the kids and I went to see my friend Carrie. Carrie and I have been friends for 18 years. Almost 1/2 our lives! Isn't that crazy. We went to Nursing school together at Ricks, to Jerusalem together, and she even started the NP program with me at BYU. She didn't finish because she married Brandon Crane who also happens to be from LaCanada. I realized that on this trip two of my girl friends who we visited also married boys from LaCanada. What a small world!
Carrie also lived in California while we were in California and then moved to Utah when we moved to Utah for MBA school, so we have seen a lot of each other through the years. I am a little sad she didn't move to Michigan with us too. LOL. She has a 10 year old and then the rest of our kids line up quite nicely. She has a 8, 6, and 3 year old and just adopted a cute little boy, Jacob, who was 2 weeks old. Don't my 4 month olds look like giants next to him!
We didn't get nearly long enough to chat!!! It was so much fun to see her:)
We sure had a fun quick trip to Utah. I sure miss the beautiful Utah mountains and all of our friends who live there, but I am surprised at the amount of traffic and how much growth is going on. It's a great place to visit, but I am not sure I would want to move back.
I realized I was born in Salt Lake and spent  7+ years of my adult life in Provo. I have very fond memories of that time. Also as kids we would go to Salt Lake to shop and vacation, so it always has happy memories.
Visiting Utah is always fun!




0 comments: