Saturday, May 17, 2008

Eric saves the day!




Here are some more random pictures I took during Eric's paternity leave. The first picture is of what happens when you don't watch Gretta with her lunch.
He went back to work on Wednesday which made us all sad.:( It was great to have him home! I loved every minute of it. One thing I have always thought is it is crazy you spend so much time an energy looking for the perfect person to marry, and then when you find them you really don't get to spend that much time together due to the other demands of life. So it was fun to take a break from some of the other demands and spend time together as a family. I wish Eric could be home everyday with us, but on the other hand I am glad he does such a good job at work providing for us. It is also a huge blessing that I can stay at home.
His first day back went great because my mother-in-law took Gretta for the morning. However, it went rapidly down hill that night. Gretta woke up about 11:30 throwing up and coughing. Thursday morning she seemed better, but it didn't last long. I knew she didn't feel that well and was debating if I should take her to the doctor. I figured she had viral croup, and they couldn't do that much for us. I was just going to watch her and make sure she could breath okay. I still remember from nursing school that epiglotitis is a true pediatric emergency. (I was on the lookout for tripod breathing.)Then at 12:30 she told me, "Mommy my ear hurts.I go to the ear doctor." and proceeded to put her shoes on and go to the door. I figured this was a pretty bad sign she didn't feel well, and if she wanted to go we better go. Luckily the doctors office worked us right in. She had a fever of 102 at the doctors office and sounded pretty bad. He agreed it was croup and gave me a prescription for some steroid to help her breath a little better. He also gave me a warning to try and keep the two kids apart from each other and wash my hands good. Keeping a two year old away from her new baby sister sounds a lot easier than it really is.
So needles to say today wasn't the best day of my life. However, when Eric came home he really saved the day! He is the best. He made dinner, started the laundry and some how managed to make everyone smile again. Thanks love for being the best! I love you! The best thing I ever did was marry you.

3 comments:

mistyp said...

Sounds like "fun." Hope everyone is doing better now!

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

I love it when the doctor says keep your child away from the other kids. Definatly easier said than done. Luckily when one of the kids has ahd strep none of the others has gotten it. Hope Gretta is feeling better.

terrah said...

Hi Gretchen! This is Terrah (DeGiulio) Anderson-- we were in Jerusalem at the same time. It looks like we have baby girls about the same age too! Mine are 7 weeks and 23 months old. And, I saw that you have Tisha on our blogroll-- she's one of my friends from highschool! So many crazy connections. Good luck with everything! It's so fun to see pics of your cute kids and see what you are up to.