Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dog Bite

Poor Eliza got bitten by our neighbors dog today. His name is Diesel. He bit another neighbor kid this summer and I knew he was dangerous, but I thought we were over the "I don't know you" phase. 
He has always been nice to Eliza. He doesn't seem to like Gretta as much, but he seems to be okay with Eliza. We went over to give his mom, Lisa, a check because his dad plows our driveway. While Lisa and I were chatting Eliza ask if she could play with their other dog Brodie. Lisa told her he was around by the garage. The next thing we knew she was crying and she was all muddy and holding her right arm. 
Once she calmed down she told me Diesel jumped up on her and pushed her down and then bit her arm. 
I guess she approached the dogs they were eating trash out of the trash can that had blown over and he thought she was going to come take some of his "stuff" away. 
The whole thing has really shaken her. He really bit her good. She has 8 bit marks. 3 of them drew blood. I am sure tomorrow her whole arm is going to be black and blue. 
Lisa came over to check on her and I think they are thinking they are going to have to put Diesel down. Eliza is the 4th person he has bitten. 
Lets just hope it doesn't get infected and also that this doesn't ruin Eliza's love for dogs. 

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Poor Eliza :( Glad it is doing better.