Friday, April 25, 2008

Paternity Leave





One of the biggest perks of the last week has been Eric's paternity leave. He got very little time off after Gretta was born and it was all used by the time that she got out of the NICU. It has been great to have him home this week. We defiantly couldn't have made it without him. I am sure I would have been at my wits end. I am just hanging in there as it is. If Eric wasn't here I would be in deep trouble, and Gretta would defiantly be bored, and I am sure really upset about the whole situation. Instead she is quite enjoying her daily daddy-daughter dates.
Eric has been a great help and is turned into quite the "Mr. Mom". Here are some pictures of him making dinner, and taking care of Eliza.
I am very grateful that Eric is so lucky to have paternity leave. We are going to enjoy every minute of our family being together during this special time.
Thanks Eric for all your hard work! I love you!

11 comments:

mistyp said...

That would have been nice to have extra Daddy time when I had both my kids. Unfortunately, Craig was a student both times. :) Take care! We love seeing all the pictures!

Unknown said...

Congrats. Eliza is beautiful!! How exciting, 2 little girls.

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

That is awesome that he is home. When I had my last baby my parents were on a mission in Brazil and my mother in law had just had breast cancer surgery, so Jason and I were on our own. Jason was able to take 1 month off and that was the greatest help, I think I might have gone insame because I had some complications from my 4th c section. Dealing with 3 other kids would have made even worse. Hubby's save the day!

ambercarlson said...

Congrats!! I have been checking every day for any news! She is BEAUTIFUL!! You guys are so blessed!

Amber

Sara said...

You guys are definitely so lucky to have paternity leave. I wish more companies offered it. When Chad worked for Microsoft they had a great paternity leave package but we were never able to take advantage of that.

The Waldrams said...

I can't wait to see this cute baby. I saw you at church on Sunday but you left too fast. (totally understandable)

Lorie said...

Congrats!!! She's beautiful. I'm so glad everything went well, and that's so nice that Eric has paternity leave. Trent had it too, and it was really nice.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

How wonderful guys! Congratulations to your little family, we love girls!!!

Alicia L. said...

Congratulations! So glad everything went well. Eliza is absolutely beautiful. She's just perfect. Best wishes to you. Enjoy these first few weeks with your new little one.

Lisa said...

I have been linking from blog to blog to see who I could find. Congratulations to your family! My mom is Marguerite, and I love and appreciate you SO MUCH, she adores you and you are so incredibly wonderful to her. THANK YOU for everything you do, and hope to meet one day. I love your blog also;)

Lyndsey said...

Congrats on the new little girl. I just think 2 girls are better than one. I hope all is well and that you are all transitioning into a fam of 4 from 3. It was hard at first. Congrats again!!