Monday, April 20, 2009

So You Say You Had a Baby!!!

No not us silly!!

I took Gretta and Eliza out for a Sunday afternoon walk so that Gretchen could get some shut eye. In the four years that we’ve lived here, every time I take Gretta on a walk, invariably she asks to go to Camryn and Aubrie’s houses to visit. Since Camryn’s is kitty corner from us, it’s a much easier walk to make. Well, in those four years, we’ve only spoken with the Waldrams a few times. They have otherwise been out of town, not home, or entertaining company. Well, yesterday, it just so happened that we caught them. I said that we had come to visit them and I could sense some hesitation in Jamie’s voice when she said, “sure, come on up”. Little did I know why!! When we came in the door, I asked them how Techapi was assuming they had been up north for Church that day. Then Jeremy says, “no, we were just home with the newborn”. I had one of those “ahah” moments realizing that they had just had a baby (all of 11 days old or something) and that we had come to visit them. Hence, the hesitation in Jamie’s voice when she said, “sure, come on up!” Shows how you can not remember things as a parent.

Regardless, we had a splendid time with our friends the Waldrams and wish them all the best in their move to their new home in Chula Vista, CA!!

1 comments:

The Waldrams said...

Sorry about the hesitation, I didn't know I was so obvious. Kamryn really enjoyed Gretta's visit and didn't want her to leave, so it all worked out!