Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gingerbread House

After my friend Amanda and I went to the Festival of Trees and saw the most amazing Gingerbread House I have had the desire to make one. Plus Gretta has a few Christmas books about gingerbread men and kept begging me to make her some gingerbread cookies. When I saw this kit in Target I couldn't pass it up. We invited her friend Maddi to come over after preschool and help us. I was so sad when I opened the box and realized that the roof was broken in two pieces.
I tired to "glue" it back together, but it took a while to dry, so while we waited...
The girls danced!!! We had fun dance party. Eliza even got in on the action.
We actually had to wait until the next day. Gretta helped me finish it while Eliza was sleeping. Here is our finished project! Yeah! I am just glad it stayed together. Not quite Festival of Trees material, but still fun. Plus Gretta realized that gingerbread cookies aren't her favorite, so I don't think she will be requesting them any time soon.


Photo by Gretta


0 comments: