Saturday, March 26, 2011

Gretta & Eliza's first time skiing!!!

 We drove up to Boise on Friday afternoon to get some of my stuff from the house. (That actually didn't turn out so well. It would take me at least a week to go through everything. I did clean out one closet and made a little bit or progress. It reminds me that I don't need so much STUFF in my life.)

While in Boise we sure had a lot of fun!!! Saturday morning we loaded up the mini van with all of our ski stuff and headed to Bogus Basin. We stopped at Greenwoods to get skis, boots and helmets for the girls. Their stuff was so cute and little.
 Loaded down with lots of stuff! Do you know how much stuff it takes to get 6 people skiing!
 Gretta excited for her big adventure.
 Eliza in the lodge all ready to go.
 Gretta & Pops on her first run down.
 Eliza and Nana getting on the magic carpet. The magic carpet is AMAZING!!!! Who ever invented it is a genius. It is so much easier than the rope tow. I remember standing then trying to get the guts to hold on the to the  rope tow as a little child because of what a kick it gave as you grabbed on. It also ruined more than a pair of gloves.

 Gretta did great!
 Gretta, Pops, and Eric all on the Magic Carpet

 Here comes Eliza!!!!
Nana & Pops took Gretta on the beginner lift at least 7 times while Eliza enjoyed some french fries in the lodge. Gretta really did great! I think that 2 just is a little young to start. Hopefully next time Eliza will get the hang of it. At least she had a fun time and wants to go again!!!
Thanks Nana & Pops! I know I couldn't have done it without you. 

0 comments: