Sunday, May 8, 2011

Back to Hong Kong - May 6th & May 7th

We flew back to Hong Kong on May 6th. We flew straight from Phuket to HK. When we were booking our hotels in HK for the trip I wanted to stay at the YMCA, but when we went to book the hotel they were all sold out. The first week we were in HK was the Canton Fair, which is a big trade show, so lots of the hotels were full. So I was excited when we could stay there on the way back. When we checked in they told us we got a free upgrade to a 2 room suite with a harbor view. I never expected THIS!!!!!( Especially for the price.)
We watched the light show from our room!

Then we went to the Mok Kok Night market. 
Followed by foot massages. 
What an amazing view!!!
We went to Tai Po on May 7th. I spent 8 months of my mission in Tai Po, so it holds a special place in my heart. I was so proud of myself for finding the Chapel all these years later. The city has really grown in the last 10 years. 


Then to Stanley. The back side of the Island is so beautiful!


Riding on the 2nd floor of the double decker bus. To bad I got us on the slow bus and it took 1 1/2 hours to get to TST. 
We meet Jason, Kerri, Jayden and Tiffany for dinner in Mong Kok. I taught Tiffany on my mission. Jason is Tiffany's older brother. He meet Kerri at BYU-H and they got married about 2 years ago. Kerri served in HK about the same time I did. We know a lot of the same people. It was so much fun to see them. Tiffany holds a special place in my heart because she is the first person I taught and she also helped me learn Cantonese. 
Jayden (6 months old)
Tiffany. She is such a beautiful woman. I knew her when she was 16 and was a school girl in her uniform. Now she is an elegant 27 year old. 
Kerri, Jason, Jayden, Eric and me

Kerri, Jason, Jayden, Eric, me, Tiffany

Thanks so much for a wonderful night. We left the restaurant at 10:05 and still needed to go back to the hotel and get our luggage and make it to the airport. I am happy to say that we made it to the airport with 30 mins to spare. Isn't that amazing!!! The HK transportation to the airport is great. 

0 comments: