Friday, May 27, 2011

House Hunting in St. Joseph

 We left the girls with my mom and dad and flew to Michigan for a house hunting tour. Last week Eric called every property management company in the area and also every Realtor looking for a rental house. He literally called 50+ people. He only came up with 1 house that looked like it might work. ONE HOUSE. We  really wanted to rent, but were afraid we weren't going to find anything. As we were waiting in the airport on Thursday for Boise I checked my email. A lady from the St. Joseph ward had emailed me some housing leads she got through her "moms club". It was really nice of her since I hadn't even asked her to do it. We as so grateful she did because we were able to find another two houses to look at. 
Saturday we looked at 25+ house to buy and all but 2 were losers. One of them I have liked for a long time, but it was a more than we wanted to spend, and we also realized that Gretta would be the only LDS kid at the WHOLE entire elementary school. (We are not in Utah any more that is for sure!) I am sure she would have been okay, but it is way more fun to go to school with kids from church than be the only kid at another school. The other one needed a lot of work.  Luckily one of the rentals worked out. The owners have been trying to sell for about 8 months, so have decided to rent it out. It is an almost new house in the same neighborhood as two other families in the ward. We meet the owners on Wednesday and signed a year lease. We now have a place to live!!! Yeah!!!
Plus it is a place I think we will actually really like. The neighborhood has grapevines all around it and rolling hills. We are only 1.3 miles from the elementary school too.
Eric was so excited to have me finally come to his side on the rent vs buy. I guess it took me looking at what the options were and that none of them did I want to put my hard earned money into quite yet. So for a least another year we will be renters. 
While we were in St. Joe's we enjoyed spending some time in downtown. We sure had fun living downtown last summer. 
This years's theme is " Barn Yard gone Wild"


Pin the tail on the donkey

 "Cow Tipping" It is hard to tell but she is on a slant.
"Duck Crossing"

Come visit us soon!!!
Our move in date is June 28th.

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congrats on finding a place to live! I have been wondering about that and am so glad you will not be homeless. :)