Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Good bye old friend

The medical supply company came and picked up Carli's monitor today. I have to say I was sad to see it go. I have slept so great because I never had to worry if she was breathing or not. We had a few rough nights with the monitor (Sun Valley and Camping coming to mind.), but most of the time it was comforting to know that she was breathing and everything was okay while she was a sleep. 
She had a sleep study in Feb and it turned out normal and since she is going to be one in a few days it was time to go. They actually called me this week to tell me the unit had been recalled so either they needed to pick it up and replace it or just take it. We got all of the paper in work in place so they could take it. 
Today I found myself checking her more during her nap that usual to make sure she was okay. Eliza wanted to know how we would know she was awake now that the monitor is gone because when she wakes up and kicks her foot it goes off. I guess she is going to have to start to make more sound when she wakes up to let us know. 
I think some BYU students are working on a version that won't cost $25, 000 dollars. Hopefully it comes out before I have another baby. I am not sure I will be able to let another baby sleep without on. 

0 comments: