Sunday, March 10, 2013

Skiing at Bittersweet

One of my favorite things growing up was going skiing every Saturday as a family. Ever since moving to Michigan I have wanted to go skiing, but didn't really know where to go and didn't really believe that the ski hill would be worth going too. But we decided to check it out. I picked Bittersweet, but really for no good reason other than someone said it was a fun place to go. I called and got the kids registered for ski school. It is about 1 hour and 10 mins away from our house North of Kalamazoo. The girls were great travelers and the drive wasn't bad. I wasn't sure what to expect but the little ski resort exceeded my expectations  I was super small. About the size of the bottom of the ski resort Sundance, but it will work for the girls to learn. 
It was a warm spring day, and the snow was a little slushy and it rained a little bit, but over all it was a great day!!! Eliza had a lesson with another little girl and got very proficient riding the magic carpet by herself and the snowplow. Gretta's class had 3 kids and two instructors. She got to ride the beginner chair lift a whole bunch of times and felt like a big kid! She also can go down the hill by herself. I was so proud of them. It was a huge success!!!! Both girls didn't want to go home and are excited to go again. 
We hung out in the lodge or outside watching them. Luckily it was a nice warm day. 

















0 comments: