Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Windows

I couldn't write this post until we were all home safe in Michigan. When Eric looked at the apartment back in July a few things didn't come to his attention. One the apartment didn't have A/C and two the windows and porch didn't have mesh netting. The porch was glassed in, but Eric didn't realize it didn't have netting on it. When he saw the apartment in July it was 60s and cold, so it didn't really dawn on him to check those two thing. 
Do you notice anything unusual about this window? What if I tell you we lived on the 14th floor?!?!! Yes, that is right it opens completely and there is nothing from blocking you from throwing something out or to stopping  a person/kid from falling out. I was totally paranoid that I was going to lose a child out the window. Gretta and Eliza understood how scared I was and were really good about not going close to the windows, but I had to keep an eye on Carli. It truly was my biggest fear while we were in Brazil. I kept having dreams someone fell out the window. If we had A/C I could have shut the windows and not worried about it, but with it being in the 90s the last little while we were there it really was a necessity to open the windows at night when it cooled down to 70 degree. We almost never opened the glass on the balcony. 
All of the other condos with kids in them put this mesh like safety net on the windows and across the balcony and if we were staying any longer we would have had to ask the land lady for it too. It was just to scary. 
I am so grateful we all made it home safe!


0 comments: