Wednesday, October 1, 2008

LA County Fair

Last Friday we went to the LA County Fair. They have the funniest adds on TV about how a lady wants to enter her chihuahua in the Fair. I have been curious to see what the LA county fair was all about. I grew up going to the Ada County Fair. When Gretta was 8 months old we went to visit Anna and went to the Minnesota State Fair. I have also been to the Southeastern Idaho Fair, and the Utah State Fair.
My mother-in-law, Linda, graciously agreed to come with us to the fair. We got great parking, but it cost $20.
Then we went to check out the animals. Gretta was excited to see the pigs, cows, chickens, goats, and horses. They also had some raccoons, dogs, insects, and other not so fair related animals.
We never did find the 4-H animals, and I am pretty sure that is because they don't have 4-H animals at the LA County Fair.
We also watched two cows get milked and found out that there is not one dairy in all of San Diego County and only one in LA county. So just as I suspected all of the animals had been brought in for show. It wasn't quite like the Fair's of my youth, but it was still fun, and we enjoyed ourselves.
Gretta had a great time riding the tram, looking at the animals, and just spending time with Grandma. They also had an inside ice rink and snow. She liked playing with the snow until it made her hands COLD.
Thanks Grandma Linda for the great time!!!
PS. I am having technical difficulties with my camera, so I don't have any pictures to show. I do have two in my cell phone, but I don't know how to get them out. I will work on it.

1 comments:

mistyp said...

Sounds like fun! Anything that is fun for the kids is worth it, right? :)