Wednesday, March 18, 2009

BYU Part Deux

For those of you that don't know yet, I was accepted to USC and UCLA's night MBA programs and BYU's full-time program. After much deliberation, prayer, "number crunching" and analysis paralysis, we have decided to go back up to Provo for full-time MBA school this Fall 2009.

We are excited about this new adventure for our family. Basically, it came down to several overriding factors:
1. I didn't think I or the family could handle three years of Daddy MIA while I went to work full-time and then to school two days of the week with projects, tests, field trips, etc eating up the remainder of my time. I wholeheartedly salute those who have gone before me and completed this program. Better men than I indeed.

2. The cost is substantially cheaper. BYU's tuition runs $20k for the two years. USC runs north of $90k for their night-time program. Granted, this isn't likely an apples ot apples cost comparison, but, I can assure you BYU will be much cheaper.

3. The family environment up there will make the experience enjoyable for me, Gretchen and our girls. There are tons of families and young kids up there for us to befriend.

4. BofA has said that barring the unexpected, which who knows what that is!!, would like to have me back at the end of the two years. Knowing there might be a place for me to hang my hat after B-School sealed the deal.

We'll see you in Provo!!





0 comments: