Sunday, March 1, 2009

Coming home???




This oil spill on the H-1 turned our trip home into quite the adventure. We missed our flight. The good news is that we REALLY missed our flight. I mean there was no hope of making it because just before we left Gretta and I decided that we needed on more shave ice. We were in line at 11:00am, but there were already some people in front of us and it too WAY to long. By the time we got it an were headed to the car Eric was looking for us because the bell man had told him there was an accident on the H-1. We left at 11:22am and even with my husbands good California driving skills we didn't get to the airport until 2:00 for a 1:35pm flight. Anna and Gabe also didn't make their 2:05 flight even though they were their at 2:00pm. Lucky for Anna and Gabe they made it out standby in on the next flight and caught up to their connections. I guess 85 stand-bys got on the flight we missed, so many people missed the flight. Which didn't help our plight coming home.
We had to fly stand-by. The next flight out was at 9:30pm. We didn't get on that flight. The 11:30pm flight showed more promise, but they only had two seats. Eric really wanted to get back, so he ended up taking both kids. They didn't think I would be able to get out until Monday because the flights on Sunday were so full, but the ticket agent must have felt pity on me, and gave me a seat on the 1:45pm flight out on Sunday. I ended up staying the night in an airport hotel.
We were just glad to get home.

0 comments: