Friday, June 26, 2009

Fors Family Vacation 2009 stop one -Boise

Boise June 24 & 25th
Wednesday June 24th I flew with both girl's to Boise. It was one of our best flights every. It helped make up for the 1 hour and 10 minutes we stood in the security line with me carrying my heavy backpack on and Eliza dying to get out of the stroller. Gotta love LAX!

Once we got there Gretta kept asking when I was going to leave. She didn't want me to stay at all. She had really been looking forward to visiting Nana & Papa all by herself. She even wanted to fly on the airplane by herself too.



Eliza and Gretta trying on Papa's hard hat on the way home from the airport.

I brought this "leash" for my mom to use in the airport on the flight home with Eliza. I used it with Gretta when she was little, but once she saw it she had to try it out.
She is a pretty cute dog!

Friday

We went to the Boise Zoo Friday morning. It is much improved since I was a little kid. Gretta really enjoyed all of the fun slides and play places they have spread throughout the zoo. Much to my delight they don't have any peacocks any more. I remember being scared by the peacocks when I was a little kid. However, they still have the pond that I feel in on a visit as a child.



The Giraffe slide




Hanging off Alice the Camel


Showing off her photo skills


Gretta, Nana, Eliza and Grandpa Huff








Then after a ride on the carousel and a walk thought the African village we went to the Rose Garden to see Grandma Huff's plaque.


Gretta playing Red light, Green light


It was a fun moring. That evening they took me to the airport to fly to Salt Lake for the next stop in the adventure. Gretta was really excited to see me go. She couldn't wait to play with Nana and Papa all week.
More to come later....

0 comments: