Saturday, June 13, 2009

La Brea Tar Pits

I have a whole list of things that I want to do before we leave California. Today we were suppose to go to Paradise Cove Cafe for lunch and enjoy an afternoon at the beach. However, we are experiencing "June gloom" here in LA and it was raining at our house this morning. So we weren't in the mood for a beach day. Instead we headed off the La Brea Tar Pits. I remember coming to see these when I was a child and visited my grandparents when they use to live in Pasadena. We had a nice time. We went on the guided tour and the guide told us a lot of neat information. It was a fun family outing, and the beach is going to have to wait for another day. I hope we get at least one good beach day in before we move.





Photo by Gretta. She is getting pretty good.





3 comments:

Ruth said...

I've wanted to go there for years! Ever since I first learned about it in some college class. And I agree that's a really good pic by Gretta. Why are you moving to Provo?

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

My parents have been there, but I have yet to go. I look so interesting. Don't worry I'm sure CA will give you a beach day before you go.

mistyp said...

So, I just caught on that you said you're moving. To PROVO? Details here, we need details! ;)