Saturday, August 1, 2009

Eric's Last day at Bank of America

Friday was Eric's last day at the bank. They had a pizza lunch for him. The girls and I went down to say good-bye to everyone too.
Here is the letter that Eric wrote to his co-workers. It is hard to believe that this chapter of our lives is over for now.

To all of you, my friends here at Bank of America,

I bid you all adieu!

Today is my last day with the Bank. Contrary to popular belief, my manager, Craig McGuire, did not fire me; although, at times he may have contemplated it.

My wife, two daughters and I have decided to fulfill a lifelong goal of mine to return to school and earn a Master of Business Administration degree on a full-time basis from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. (Once a Cougar, always a Cougar!)

I ask myself, “has it really been four years since I began my career with Bank of America here in Los Angeles?” As I’m sure many of you more seasoned warriors can attest, my how time flies by!

First, and most importantly, I will miss all of you. Our paths have crossed at some point in my career and you have all influenced who I have become. You have truly taught me what it means to be a banker. I thank you for that.

Second, congratulations to all of you for the special life events you have experienced these last four years. From weddings to baby announcements (i.e. junior bankers), it has been fun for me to share in your life achievements.

This was a hard decision that boiled down to two things: (1) my lifelong goal of getting an MBA and (2) the ticking clock. With two daughters (Gretta - 3 and Eliza - 1), we either go to school now or we risk never going.

I leave on the best of terms with Bank of America. This has been a special place to begin my career among the working-class. I have thoroughly enjoyed my association with all of you, my teammates, and the clients we’ve served.

Banking is in my blood (literally, I’m a 3rd generation banker ). I suspect we may be sitting cubicle to cubicle two years from now!

I hope to make contact with many of you before today’s end. If not, please shoot an email to my personal account to keep in contact. I expect to hear great things from you both within the franchise and in your personal lives.

May our paths cross under joyful terms again in the future!

Sincerest Regards,

Eric Fors


The family at Eric's desk


Eric and Craig McGuire

Eric and Bunsuree

333 S. Hope Street, LA
The Bank of America Building

1 comments:

Jimmy and Katie said...

what was it casual day over there or something?