Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Big Easy!!

From Wednesday to Saturday, I was New Orleans at NBMBAA. For those unfamiliar with NBMBAA, it is the National Black MBA Association. And, yes, I am a member!! I was down there for the career fair. I had an interview with Air Products and Chemical (not interested thanks) and Johnson and Johnson (this one could be a winner). I should hear back from them as to next steps.

My $0.02 take on the city: humid, lots of historic charm/culture while at the same time rather seedy.

One of my friends from MBA School (who also happened to be in the mission field with me in Chile at the same time), TJ Davis, introduced me to the Beignets (French for what are closely related to powdered donuts) at Cafe Du Monde on the river's edge near Jackson Square in New Orleans. Delicious!! (pic below)






Then we continued our wild ways and headed off towards Bourbon Street. All of us in our group were married men, which made it all the funnier as we walked down the street. It was mostly bar stop to bar stop with two streets of rather questionable clientele and shops. I can only imagine what that place is like on Mardi Gras. The only word that comes to mind is Hedonism.





All in all, New Orleans was fun, awfully humid but fun. I hope that our hard work pays off with some job leads :)

0 comments: