Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Trip home for Mom's Birthday!!

This last weekend was my mom's birthday. Both Anna and I went home and took our kids. It was a fun filled weekend with lots of Grand-kids. Three kids at home is a lot more work than when I was just little Gretta. But my mom handled it well and loved having everyone visit. It was so nice to have such a short flight from SLC to BOI. Plus the SLC and Boise airports are so low key compared to LAX. The flight was completely full due to some football game. I was tempted to give up my seat until I realized I would have to fly to California and back to get home that night with two kids. Oh well. There is always next time.
Friday night after we got there they took us to Chuck a Rama. Jackson was with Nana & Papa but Anna was still at her girls weekend, so it was 4 adults and 3 kids. It was kind of wild. Gretta feed Jackson a whole bowl of chocolate pudding all by herself. Jackson would just open up wide. We made a huge mess, but had a good time.

Here are Eliza and Jackson together in the bath tub. Jackson weight almost 5 lbs more than Eliza. He is one solid kid.


Breakfast together


Saturday
First thing in the morning we went to JcPenny's to get family pictures taken. All my mom wanted for her birthday was a picture of the grand kids. Well that was a lot easier said than done. It was quite the circus. We never really got a good picture. Eliza and Jackson wouldn't go to either my mom or dad, or sit by themselves without crying. In one of the pictures my mom is holding both Eliza and Jackson who are crying and Gretta is standing next to her like an angle. At least the big group picture turned out okay.

Then we went to the park for a picnic lunch.





Nana playing with the grand kids while...

Pops and the moms relaxed.


Beautiful Flowers from Carpenter's for my mom from Aunt Marie.

Saturday Afternoon

My Dad took Gretta and I boating. Gretta LOVES the Boat!!! She was so excited to go fast and giggle the whole time.

Boating babe!


Photo of Pops by Gretta. Aka Captain Jack

Saturday Night Bath Time

After a great dinner at Yang Cheng the kids all took a bath together.

Sunday

Mom opening her presents after dinner


Grandpa and Eliza


Anna and Jackson

Playing Gestures


The big party!!!




Nana, Gretta, Eliza and Bailey with their sleep masks on.

Pops babysitting. This was the last resort when we couldn't get Gretta to sleep and we want to go see Dana's new beautiful house. Gretta said Pops fell asleep first. Plus she said she was hot.

Monday

Playing play doh together

Gretta getting a hair cut by Wendi



Isn't she cute!!! I kept thinking somehow it was going to grow long and thick, but it looks so much better shorter.



Playing at the park with Wendi and Bailey

Jackson and his favorite Aunt Gretchen. Actually I am his only Aunt.

On the plane home. Eliza enjoying her own seat.

We had a great trip!

1 comments:

terrah said...

What a fun trip! I love having my parents close by in Salt Lake, but part of me misses going back to Boise too. Now I really don't have any reason to go there! What a nice present for your mom.