Friday, July 16, 2010

Emily's Visit Day #3

Everyone was tired from yesterday. Gretta slept until 10am. Once everyone was up and ready to go we headed downtown to buy inter-tubes for the beach and silly bands. Silly bands are all the rage in Michigan and I guess they are in Virginia too. Then we headed to the splash pad for a while.
But the beach was just too tempting, so we headed down there. 

Who say's Lake Michigan doesn't have waves. The waves were really big today. I was glad to have Emily with me so we could each watch a kid.

The girls want to be just like Emily. Here they are laying out. After a great day at the beach we headed home for naps.

Showing off their silly bands, and Emily's sunburn.


Tonight after dinner we went to Kilwin's to redeem the girls summer readying prize. What a great treat!!!

Aren't these chairs so cute!
Then we enjoyed some music on the Bluff while we walked home.
It was a fun day.


1 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Gretchen - I'm so glad to see you're enjoying Michigan. I love seeing the pic with the ice cream truck. I was just telling Jeff the other day that one of the things I love about Michigan is all the cool ice cream. His family is from Montague and White Hall - it is so beautiful in that neck of the woods. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy your time there! PS - we're going to Disneyland on Tuesday and it just won't be the same without you guys! We'll miss you!