Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Baby Eliza






While my cousin Emily was here we went to the American Girl Doll Store at the Grove. They sell the baby dolls in "twin" sets, so I let them each pick out a doll. The funny thing is that they will let you pick out any two dolls. Emily really wanted a doll with curly hair, so she ended up with an African American Doll. Gretta wanted the doll that looked like her with blond, or "white" hair as she says, and blue eyes. They put the two dolls in a box that says twins and it was pretty funny. Emily named her doll "Miley", and Gretta named her doll "Eliza". She told me me, "Mommy this is your Eliza", and then pointed to her sister. She then pointed to her doll and said, "This is my Eliza".
Gretta has enjoyed playing with "Her" Eliza. She put her in the stroller the other night and told me she was going to go to the store. She then put on her Elmo backpack and started taking orders for groceries on a piece of paper she found. It was darling. If you look closely at the picture you will see her "strawberry face". We had just come home from the farmers market, and she ate at least 15 strawberries on the way home.
She is turning into such a big girl. It is so much fun to see her play with dolls. I am sure that this was not our last trip to the American Girl Doll Store.

1 comments:

Kerri said...

OK, I have always wanted an excuse to go to the American Girl store! If I don't have my own daughter, you will have to let me accompany you on your next trip as a "helper"!