Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Fazenda Capoava with Anna

http://www.fazendacapoava.com.br

My neighbor, Dani, recommend this farm outside of Sao Paulo for a day trip. The girls were excited to go horseback riding and I thought it would be fun to show Anna something outside of Sao Paulo. 
Dani told me it was off a dirt road, so I was already prepared for that and Eric was worried about us getting lost so the amazing husband he is spent a long time Tuesday night getting the GPS set and showing me on google that the GPS might now actually get us there and what I needed to do if it didn't. Well the first part of the drive went well, but once the GPS stopped we were right in town. I knew that wasn't right and all of a sudden we were really LOST!!!! I had no idea what to do. Anna and I tried to reset the GPS, we tried a few other ideas, we called Eric in a panic. Luckily the town we ended up in looked cute and I thought worse case scenario we would eat lunch in the cute town and go home. Luckily we made a few lucky turns and Eric called and got some directions and we made it!!!! It was looking a bit glum for a while. Once we got off the highway the sign said that we had 8k drive on a dirt road. Dirt roads are not a favorite of mine, but this was the best dirt road I have been on in Brazil. We finally made it to Fazenda Capoava!!! Anna said it was like going to a Dude Ranch at home. It was a beautiful traditional Brazilian ranch. It was so peaceful and beautiful. The buffet lunch was great.  
Then it was time to horse riding! The girls were so excited!!! I sat in the barn room which was beautiful and waited for them to come back. They had a great time. Anna said you could see all the way to Sao Paulo from the top of the hill. Everyone had a great time. 
My dad commented on that he was impressed they had to wear helmets in Brazil. Yes they wore helmets, but I didn't have to sign any liability documents. The girls just got on the horse and went. 
Afterwards the girls enjoyed feeding the horses and looking around the ground. The grounds were beautiful and we all had a wonderful time. 
















































0 comments: