Sunday, January 26, 2014

Snow, Snow and More Snow!!!

It's been the warmest January on record in Sao Paulo and the coldest January on record in Chicago. I figure if it's the coldest in Chicago then it must be the coldest in St. Joseph too. Everyone says they have never seen a winter like it. While 90 degree days without AC for a pregnant woman have been tough. I have to say I think I would be a depressed pregnant woman if I was at home this winter. Being in Brazil has been a blessing. I have enjoyed the warm weather (not when it's 90, but the low 80s have been nice and as long as it cools off at night it's okay too.) But what I have really enjoyed is the long days. The sun comes up around 6:45am and sets around 8pm. Sure beats short winter days of Michigan.
St. Joseph is on round two of the Polar Vortex and Lake Effect Snow.  
Our neighbor who knows we are coming home this week sent me these pictures today very concerned that we aren't going to be able to get into our house. The property management company knows we are coming home on Wednesday, so this was a big SHOCKING!!!!! 
Eric just sent them an email with the pictures attached and hopefully the house looks more like the pictures they took just 5 days ago where you could actually get in and out of the driveway when we get home:) 
Gretta and Eliza are SO excited to go home and I know it's the right time to go home, but I am NOT So excited to go back to this:(


0 comments: