Thursday, January 30, 2014

Laptop Saga

So when we were getting ready to leave for Brazil I really wanted to take my desk top and printer, but Eric said we didn't have room and that it's rough to bring electronic's into Brazil. So we took Eric's laptop. I have love hate relationship with the laptop. Let's just say the laptop was a point of stress for quite a while when we were in Brazil. First the battery died. I was actually already the 2nd battery. We bought the laptop for Eric to go to MBA school and the first battery died about 1 1/2 years into MBA school. Luckily we had bought the laptop at Costco and it was still under the extra Costco warranty, so he got another battery for free. A few other classmates had the same laptop and experienced the same problem, but weren't so lucky with the warranty.  
Well it started to have a difficult time keeping a charge almost as soon as we got to Brazil and then really died the end of November. To make it even more difficult for some reason the cord connection was also struggling, so it's was hard to use. I would have to walk around the apartment and try out different outlets and positions of the cord to see if I could get it to charge. The ipad is good for a lot of things, but the laptop is much better at multitasking and blogging. It made me a little bit cranky. 
The good news is that someone from St. Joseph was headed down for work and was able to bring a new battery in December. It didn't help the cord connection problem, but at least when I could get the battery to charge it would last for more than 15 minutes. 
Lets just say I was super excited to see my desk top when we got home!

0 comments: