Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Polar Vortex 2014

While we were enjoying nice warm days here in Sao Paulo our friend back at home were not so lucky. St. Joseph experienced the "Polar Vortex" of 2014. School was cancelled from Monday- Wednesday and most people were house bound. They told people to only go out if necessary and I know from my neighbors facebook posts our neighborhood didn't get plowed until Wednesday which made it impossible to get out. The property management guy got stuck on Tuesday trying to get to our house. 
He finally made it on Wednesday. Here are the pictures he took. There was some problem with the heat that he fixed. I guess the house was down to 40 degrees. 
Looks cold and snowy to me. The girls are concerned we aren't going to make it back in time for any winter and I am afraid we are coming back to early and are going to have to live through part of a rough winter. 
Everyone we know says it's been the worst winter they have ever lived though in Michigan. I am just glad we got to spend part of in here in Sao Paulo.







0 comments: