Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sao Paulo Temple with Anna

Thursday morning Teresa came and watched the girls, so Anna and I could go to the Sao Paulo Temple. It was a beautiful day in Sao Paulo and it was wonderful to go to the Temple with my sister. I was a little scared to go without Eric because sometime the language barrier can be tough, but it was actually one of the best Temple experiences I have had since being here.
Eric and I have been able to go twice a month to the Temple while we have been here which is such a blessing! It has also been wonderful because we have been able to go together so much. At home we have to drive 2 hours  to the Chicago Temple, and then usually take turns watching the kids while one person goes to the Temple. And the whole trip takes more than 7 hours with the drive and swapping. It's been wonderful to be 25 minutes from the Temple and having Teresa babysit the girls. 
I have also been so impressed with the faithfulness of the Brazilian members and how Temple going they are. Even on a Thursday morning the session was almost 100% full. Every time we have gone it has been full, overfull, or almost full. 

After we went to the Temple we meet Eric for lunch with some of his co-workers. First we got a taste of Sao Paulo Traffic. I took us 1 1/2 hours to get back to Eric's office because we wanted to drive by the nice shopping street in Sao Paulo. A trip to Sao Paulo wouldn't be complete without experiencing some traffic!!!!
 I wish I had taken some pictures of lunch. We enjoyed a nice buffet lunch and now I know why some nights Eric wasn't hungry for dinner when he got home from work. There was a lot of good food and even dessert. One of his co-workers told me that the place we went was one of Eric's favorites because they served dessert. Eric is going to miss going out to lunch with his co-workers everyday! 

Then we had to say good bye to Aunt Anna. We are so glad she came to visit us. We sure had a fun visit!!!
Thanks Anna for coming to see us!







Eliza took this picture after we dropped Anna off at the airport bus. 

0 comments: