Sunday, September 21, 2008

Autry National Center

Saturday while Eric was busy writing his essays for Business school Dennis and Linda were kind enough to hang out with the girls and myself. We went to the Autry Museum at Griffith Park. We bought tickets at Dennis Scout Auction last April and hadn't used them yet. We had a great time! The museum was a great hit with Gretta. I am sad I forgot my camera. I did take some pictures with my cell phone, but I don't know how to get them out of my cell phone yet. Oh well.
Gretta enjoyed sitting on the fake horse, panning for gold, sitting in the stage coach, and playing in the Chinese-American exhibition . The Chinese exhibition is set up for kids under the age of 8. Gretta loved dressing up in the Chinese cloths, and pretending to run the Chinese restaurant.
It was a fun outing.
Saturday night Eric and I went to the Temple. Allison and Rod agreed to watch the girls which was so nice of them. After we dropped them off we headed to the Temple and then experienced the joy of LA freeway grid lock. Who knew that at 4:30pm on a Saturday both the 134, 101, and 10 freeways would all have problems! We ended up taking Santa Monica Blvd from Hollywood to the Temple. We had an interesting driving tour of LA, and missed our Stake Temple night session by 8 minutes. Oh well. At least we made it to the Temple. We did some sealings and had a good experience. It is always nice to be in the Temple.
Thanks Fors/Guillens for such a nice Saturday.

0 comments: