Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gretta's First Day of Preschool

Gretta had her first day of Preschool at St. George's in La Canada today. I can't believe my little girl is starting school already. It is actually a little early for her to start school, she is only 2 years and 9 months. However, due to my working on Tuesday it worked out nice for her to start school this year. She is one of the youngest in her class, but because she is so tall you would never know. I feel really lucky to have found such a great preschool that was willing to take her a little early. I looked all around the area and there is a big difference between a real preschool, and a daycare preschool. My mother in law will still watch her on Tuesday's before and after school, so this way she will still get some Grandma too. I am hoping it will work out perfect for everyone.

Last week she was so excited, and she told me she wanted me to take her to school and drop her off by herself instead of going to Parent Ed with me last Wednesday. Well this morning after being so excited all last week, she wasn't so sure about the whole preschool thing. These are the pictures I took before we left the house.

Doesn't she look so cute in her pink St. George school shirt.

Ready to go! Notice she doesn't have back back because St. George's is all about play and doesn't believe in homework for 3 year olds. We will be leaving the back pack home for a while.

The bad news is that my camera died when we got to school, so I didn't get any first day of school pictures at school. It makes me so sad because she looked so darling all dressed up in the play cloths. She also enjoyed playing with the play doh, and the playground. Today I went with her for an hour. Thursday is the first day she goes by herself.
P.S. She did great on Thursday by herself. She was so excited she ran the whole way from the car to the playground. No separation anxiety for us. She is Miss Independent this days. When I picked her up she was so excited to show me the painting she made. I think she is going to love preschool.

0 comments: