Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Night August 29, 2008

Boating at Lucky Peak
We went up to Lucky Peak on Friday night. It was a beautiful summer evening. The water was also nice and calm for water skiing. I grew up going boating with my family. My dad has kept a captain's log ever since we bought a boat. Every time we go he writes in it who came along. One summer when I was in High School we went boating about 30 times. My dad was one of their favorite people back them because he was so cool. My friends from High School use to like to add to the captain's log and also look back at what was written previous. We sure use to have a good time.
Even thought I grew up boating, I don't really like to water ski. My sister Anna is a pretty good wake boarder ,and my dad would win the senior tour of waking boarding if they had such an event. When I married Eric he even decided to learn how to wake board. I, however, just enjoy riding in the boat and the company.
This time we took our cousins the Magelby's with us. I have many fond memories of camping at Red fish lake with them at transfer camp. Lowell Magelby first taught me how to water ski at Red fish lake. Maybe that is why I have never like it much. The water at Red fish lake isn't much warmer than 40 degrees even in the heat of the summer.
It was a lovey night.

Gretta and Daddy taking a swim. She has no fear. She jumped right off the back of the boat without looking back. I think she is going to be a wake boarding babe as soon as she is old enough.
Eric wake boarding.
My dad getting some air.

Enjoying sitting in the front of the boat! What a beautiful evening.
When we returned home the house was full of the rest of the family. Eliza has enjoyed being spoiled by cousin Mary and Katie Edwards Robison, the newest addition to the family. We sure love Katie and think Jimmy got a great catch! It was fun to catch up with the cousins, and enjoy a nice summer evening.

2 comments:

mistyp said...

Being a boat rider is a good thing in my mind. :)

Linda Fors said...

Boating is an experience Eric missed out on growing up. I learned to waterski behind my Uncle "Bango"'s boat in North Carolina, and it's a great pastime. I'm thankful that Eric married into a boating family, and can enjoy good "clean" fun. It's a super unifying activity for the entire family- throwing out the rope and reeling it back in, and watching out for one another as they ski behind the boat, and taking turns skiing, and being out on the water together. Gretta and Eliza will be those bronzed lithesome girls waving at people as they glide over the water, everyone wondering how they could be so athletic!