Sunday, September 28, 2008

Band-aid anyone???


Gretta has had an obsession with band-aid's lately. She always is telling me that she has an "owie" that needs a band-aid. She loves to unwrap them herself, and put them all over herself. She also thinks Eliza needs a band-aid to solve a mysterious problem. Gretta is convinced a band-aid will solve any problem from a real cut to crying. She once wanted one for her ear when she had an ear infection. She made me put it on her ear, and it actually stopped her crying for a while. She also just like wearing them. I thought it might be because the ones the Doctors office are colorful, or have some character on them. However, at home we only have the regular old band-aid. Nothing special, and she still wants to put them everywhere like on Eliza's chest, on her legs, arms, and just about any where she can find. The other day she covered her mouth so she couldn't talk.

We were going though a lot of band-aid's, so I bought her a box of them at the $.99 store. She loves having her own box. Eric found 9 band-aids on her legs today after church.

I took her to the Doctor on Friday because she had been telling me that her ear hurt. She has told me this before, and it turns out to be nothing. It is kind of hard to judge with her because she never gets a fever when she has an ear infection, and even with tubes I rarely notice drainage. Due to her high levels of crankiness this last week I was hoping that this "ear pain" was actually the cause. So Friday we went to see Dr. Schlundt. I was prepared for him to tell me it was nothing. Especially since once we got to his office she perked right up, and wanted to play doctor and look in my mouth. She LOVES to go to the Doctor, and she didn't look one bit sick. However after looking in her ears he did conclude that indeed there was something amiss, and she came home with a prescription for some amoxicillian. Ear drops would work better with her tubes, but she won't let us get near her with ear drops, and she begs for more pink medicine when you give it to her. Go figure. Eric is convinced it is because I pay the extra $2.99 for it to taste like cherry.

I am just hoping that helping her ears feel better will turn her back into the sweet daughter I know.

1 comments:

Larissa said...

I remember Jade doing the same thing with bandaids and I had to buy her her own special box from the dollar store too. It's funny that our babies our so close in age! It really is a bummer we live so far away from each other. But I'm glad I get to see pictures and read up on all that you're doing! Disneyland sure looked like fun.