Friday, November 21, 2008

The Day the Bull Won!

(This is not me, but a fellow co-worker, but it helps you get the gist of the bull riding experience.
To see my picture you have to follow the link at the end of the page.)
We had an end of year celebration at work at Stage Coach Bar & Grill on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood CA. At this locale, they happened to have a mechanical bull. I had never ridden a bull, let alone a mechanical one before. So as I was the lone sober man there and all the drunks were doing it, I thought I could at least hold my own being the one non-inebriated one! Well, you get on the thing and the waiter can control the bull with a joystick and speed control. I'm proud to say I held on the full 8 seconds (that's the required time to stay on in professional bull riding for all you city folk!!) and likely longer than that. However, my door prize was this nice bruise on the inner part of my right quad. I played four years of high school football and never got a bruise half as bad as this one. When I saw it, I thought they were going to have to amputate my leg. As they say, I messed with the bull and I got the horns!!

Snapfish:Photo:Shared

0 comments: