Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How did she learn that???

The elections were so exciting this year. Eric and I watch quite a bit of election coverage from the very start, so it isn't surprising that Gretta knows who John McCain and Barack Obama are. However, I was a little surprised by this...


A few days after the election Gretta was reading blogs with me at the computer. (She likes to look at the pictures.) This picture was on my friend Kimberly's blog.



Gretta turns to me and says, "That's Barack Obama." I asked her again and she said, "It's Barack Obama." I asked her how she knew that and she said, "I don't know." It is pretty amazing what a two year old picks up on. She is a pretty smart cookie!



We had a nice chat about how he is going to be the next President of the United States of America. Later that day when we saw a picture like this...



She told me again, "That's Barack Obama." I guess it sunk in.



Well her first political love of this years election was Mitt Romney. During the Primaries she loved when he would come on TV. She would say, "Go Mitt!!!" I even bought her a cute Mitt Romney T-Shirt the week before he dropped out of the race. Oh well.

I guess since he didn't even make it past the primaries she had to pick a new guy. Maybe Mitt will make a run for President in 2012, and she can become a Mitt girl all over again.

Until then we will have to hope that President Obama will do a great job.

1 comments:

Larissa said...

Wow! She is so smart! Good for her!