Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Pies




I was in charge of bring pies to Thanksgiving dinner. The first year that Eric and I were married I tried to make pumpkin pie, but it didn't turn out so good. After that Eric has actually encouraged me to buy the pies. I bought two pumpkin pies and two pecan pies at Trader Joe's for the family, and then had a request for apple. I don't really like store bought apple pies, so I decided to make two. Eric helped core, cut and peal the apples. I bought pre-made pie crusts which were good, but I didn't realize needed to thaw 60-90 minutes before I could use them. So it took a little longer than I thought it was going to take to make the pies. They turned out great. Sorry I don't have an after picture. They definitely were better than the store bought Trader Joe's pies. Maybe next year I can try to make the pumpkin and pecan.

0 comments: