Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dim Sum

On Saturday we went to Dim Sum with my MTC teacher, Anita Au Flint. She grew up in Arcadia, but now lives in Huntington Beach with her husband and two kids. She was up in Arcadia for a visit, so we went to lunch. Dim Sum isn't may favorite Chinese food, but it is a great experience. We never go because it is really hard for me to pick out the things I like as they come around the room. I also never know how much it is all going to cost, or what I actually paid for. I figured since I had a more experienced Dim Sum goer we should go and take the whole family.
Gretta loves Chinese food, but the American kind like Panda Express. I wasn't sure how she would do with Dim Sum, but she did pretty well. I think she is really yellow at heart like me:)
Going to Dim Sum in Arcadia was like going back to my mission. Everyone was speaking Cantonese, and the jocking for parking spots, dinner reservation, and ignoring the white girl because she can't understand us is just like Hong Kong. It is always so funny to me when I tell someone something in Cantonese to see their SHOCKED expression.
We had a great time and hope to see Anita soon. Next time however, I think we will need to hit Panda Express, PF Chang or New Moon. I think this was my once annual Dim Sum visit.
Anita, Ethan, Gretta, Gretchen and Ruby
Gretchen and Anita


Eric and Gretta. Gretta had an especially good time because one of her favorite TV shows lately has been an "Aurthur" where Pinky and his family go to China and adopt a little girl.

0 comments: