Wednesday, December 11, 2013

GiGi's Birthday Party

Eliza was so excited to get invited to a birthday party for a girl in her class at school named GiGi. She was a little disappointed that it was at GiGi's house instead of at a Mega Party- Kids Buffet, like the party Gretta got invited to, but it was still a lot of fun for her to get invited. 
On a side note I was asking my friend if I could take a few kids to one of the Kids Buffets, or if you have to rent out the whole place. She told me you have to rent out the whole place and most of them have a minimum number of guests around 50 people. She said she has been calling around trying to book her son's party for April and the first quote she got was for around $5,000 USD. Isn't that crazy! 
I went with her because she was afraid that GiGi's mom wouldn't speak English. Going with Eliza gave me a greater appreciation of how school must have been for her. A few of the little girls spoke great English and the others very little. They spend the whole time talking around her in Portuguese unless they were talking right to her and then they would use English. She spend a great deal of the party coloring by herself at the table. She did play a little with the other girls and really enjoyed getting her nails painted.
We stayed for 2 hours but still missed the cake.
While Eliza played with her friends. I sat at the table with a few moms who had also come. There were also 2 nannies who brought girls who stayed on the balcony. Only one of the Moms really spoke English well enough to be brave enough to talk to me. So I too sat while everyone talked around me and then sometimes the one mom would translate for me. 
It make me realize how brave my girls really have been to go to school and try and make new friends. I am so proud of them!
Eliza's favorite part of the party was the party favor. It was a make up bag full of make up. It is purple here favorite color and I think she has taken it with her almost every where we have gone since she got it. She just loves it. 
The low point after we got home was when Carli got a hold of the lip gloss and smeared it all over the leather sofa at home. Luckily I was able to get it cleaned up, but it only took her 30 seconds to do it and me almost 30 minutes to clean up!
Eliza and GiGi



0 comments: