Saturday, December 14, 2013

Havianas

I have wanted a pair of Havianas since we got to Brazil. They are made here in Brazil and almost everyone has a pair of them. They wear them as house shoes and to the pool etc. There is a Haviana store just down the road from our house. Saturday morning I was hoping to stop by the store and have the girls pick out what they like, and then hoped to return later to buy them so I could give them to them for Christmas. I don't know why I thought that would work. Of course when they saw them they wanted them right away. Eric and I gave in and decided I would figure out something else for their presents. 
They have a large selection. However Eric didn't get a choice because they only had one pair in his size. To bad because you can get a pair that represents every country coming for the World Cup except the USA. Isn't that funny! I ended up getting leopard print. There were quite a few I liked, but I went with my traditional favorite. They then will put charms on the bands if you want them to. I got some flowers.
Gretta wanted more sophisticated "tween" ones and Eliza went with her favorite color purple and Tinkerbell. They to wanted charms too. I forgot to take a picture of Carli's, but she got "Minnie Mouse" and enjoys wearing them to be like the big girls.



0 comments: