Saturday, August 2, 2008

Griffith Park with Aunt Allison and Uncle Rod










The other weekend Eric was away at Malibu on a scout camp out, and I had to take Emily to the LAX to fly home. LAX is always a nightmare, but especially with two kids and a baby it would have been chaos. Plus I needed to help get Emily checked in and get her to her gate. Luckily Allison and Rod graciously agree to watch Gretta for the morning. Not only did they babysit her, but they took her to Griffith Park which she LOVED.
She looks so cute on the horse! I was about her age when my parents took me to Redfish lake horse back riding. My mom lied an told them that I was old enough to ride. I was like Gretta as a kid, really tall for my age. I fell asleep on the back of the horse with my pig tails bouncing up and down. Luckily they figured it out before I feel off, and my Dad got on with me. Well at Griffith park they will only let you ride the slow horses until you are 3+, and since Allison and Rod didn't lie Gretta had to ride a slow one. I guess she kept telling the horse to go faster. We will have to take her back sometime when she is a little older. I am glad she had such a great time.
They also took her on the train and the carousal. Gretta is so spoiled by all of her family.

1 comments:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

OMG. I love that picture of Gretta on the horse waving. Its perfect. Cowgirl in the making!