Monday, August 11, 2008

We're leaving on a jet plane!


Saturday we flew to Hawaii for Eric's families vacation. When we were planning the trip I tried to pick flights that would work best with Gretta's nap, and not get us into Hawaii to late. Because of this we did not end up on the airplane flight with everyone else. At the time it seemed like a good time, but later I was really doubting my decision. I was worried about how the 5+ hour flight was going to go. We I am please to report that it was the best flight EVER! I don't know if we will be about to see a repeat performance on the way home. As we were deplaning a lady who was sitting by us came up to me and told me that we had the two best behaved children she had ever seen on a flight. Wow! That is a big complement. Gretta did great! She watched Cauillo on the ipod, colored, talked with her dad, made a few trips up and down the aisle, and slept. At one point everyone was a sleep but me, and I was enjoying reading, "Breaking Dawn". It was a nice flight. We landed, got out luggage, the rental car and headed to the beach house. Everything was going just as planned. We stopped and had some dinner. Just before we got the house Gretta fell asleep! Yeah! Perfect. But then that all changed. Gretta woke up as we were putting her in her bed, and we couldn't get her to go back to sleep. Then everyone else showed up and there was no way that she was going to go to sleep. Gretta finally fell asleep at midnight when we all did. Which is 3am LA time. Oh well. I guess after such a great flight I couldn't expect a perfect evening.
The beach house is AMAZING! It is a large ranch old style Hawaiian beach house on a lot of land. We wish we knew some people in Hawaii to invite over for a big BBQ/Party because the place would be great for entertaining 50+ of our friends. It is so much fun to be right on the beach and fall asleep listening to the ocean instead of the busy street in front of our apartment. Hawaii is so magical. It is looking like it is going to be a great week!
More post from Hawaii later!
The picture is the view from the house.